Wednesday 15 October 2014

Halloween costume: Part 1

As Halloween is approaching in a few weeks, I have decided to make myself a costume this year, as I have never made anything for myself before and I feel like it would be a good challenge to do in order for me to improve my skills in costume constructing.
There were many possible costumes that I was considering going as, some of them were; a female Jigsaw (Saw films), a female Joker (Batman villain), a doll as well as other characters from film and TV. I finally decided to make a china doll costume, as it allows me to have more originality within the costume and some sense of design, because  I was able to look at different styles of dolls such as; a raggedy Anne style doll, Voodoo doll, china doll and a rag doll. After looking at the different doll style, I chose to go for the china doll style, because I felt I would be able to make the whole outfit look creepier.

I started to look Lolita dresses, as they have a very Victorian style to them, which is the era of which I wanted my doll costume to from, so that this would give me the chance to make it looked old and distressed. I started to look for dress patterns that had a distinct Lolita look to them.



This was the pattern I ended up choosing for my costume.
                                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment